District 1 Vision for Learning
Community School District 1 is committed to equity in our diverse community of learners. We are dedicated to local and global collaboration that fosters and sustains curiosity, critical-thinking, and creativity for all learners. Our students will be leaders, change-makers, and empowered members of our modern world. All learners will experience the joy of learning.
In Community School District 1, all learners will have access to high-quality learning environments in each of our unique schools to inspire them to participate as active learners and informed citizens in our community.
District 1 Modern Learning Principles
- Co-create curriculum based on needs and interests of learners.
- Engage in real-world application of their learning and presentation of the understandings to local and global audiences.
- Engage with local and global partners to create equitable and effective educational experiences for all learners.
District 1 Priorities for School Year 2017-2018
In school year 2017-2018, Community School District 1 will live this Vision for Learning by focusing our work on the following 3 District Priorities:
- Ensure all schools represent the diversity of the District 1 community
- Strengthen teaching and learning across all District 1 schools
- Increase collaboration and coherence across District 1 schools