Meet the District 1 Team
Click on any picture to email that District 1 Team Member, or send a general email to District1NYC@gmail.com and a representative from the District will respond.
- Carry Chan is the Superintendent for District 1. Carry was the founding principal of The School for Global Leaders M.S. in District 1. She served as a master principal and Learning Partners School host where she supported schools with professional learning. Carry has two children with whom she enjoys reading and swimming.
- Violet Richardson is the District 1 Administrative Assistant.
- Kristine Mustillo is the Principal Leadership Facilitator. Kristine worked previously as a teacher, assistant principal, and principal in Brooklyn. Kristine believes in capacity building and shared leadership. She has two daughters who attend NYC public schools.
- Bryan Glover is the Field Support Liaison. Bryan supports the work being done by our Renewal Schools to develop the Instructional Leadership Teams and Teacher team Inquiry. He supervises the District 1 Regents Academy, and is passionate about learner-driven learning environments. He joins us after serving in East Harlem as a member of the Administrative team of Global Neighborhood Secondary School and as a science and robotics instructor and a model teacher for District 4.
- Lyntonia "Toni" Gold is the Director of School Renewal. Toni taught history and chaired the History Department at a Brooklyn school. Now she supports schools with implementation of the Advance system. Toni also loves to clean while listening to Stevie Wonder.
- Colleen Hogan is the Teacher Development and Evaluation Coach (TDEC) for District 1.
- Celsa Pacheco is the Family Leadership Coordinator. Celsa worked previously as a parent coordinator at an elementary school and a high school in the Bronx. She increased parental engagement at her schools by offering parents educational opportunities like ESL, Art, and Computer Skills courses.
- Elvis Marte is the Family Support Coordinator. Elvis was born, raised and educated in the Lower East Side and in District 1 schools. He is a trained social worker and is passionate about community economic development.