Meet the District 1 Team
Click on any picture to email that District 1 Team Member, or send a general email to District1NYC@gmail.com and a representative from the District will respond.
- Daniella Phillips is the Superintendent of District 1. Daniella worked previously as a teacher, assistant principal, and principal in NY and CT public schools. Since 2013, she has co-facilitated the NYCDOE's Advanced Leadership Institute for aspiring district leaders at CUNY Baruch College.
- Violet Richardson is the District 1 Administrative Assistant.
- Kristine Mustillo is the Principal Leadership Facilitator. Kristine worked previously as a teacher, assistant principal, and principal in Brooklyn. Kristine believes in capacity building and shared leadership. She has two daughters who attend NYC public schools.
- Carry Chan is the Field Support Liaison. Carry was the founding principal of The School for Global Leaders M.S. in District 1. She served as a master principal and Learning Partners School host where she supported schools with professional learning. Carry has two children with whom she enjoys reading and swimming.
- Lyntonia "Toni" Coston is the Teacher Development and Evaluation Coach. Toni taught history and chaired the History Department at a Brooklyn school. Now she supports schools with implementation of the Advance system. Toni also loves to clean while listening to Stevie Wonder.
- Bryan Glover is the Director of School Renewal. Bryan joins us after serving in East Harlem as a member of the Administrative team of Global Neighborhood Secondary School. Additionally, he served as a science and robotics instructor and a model teacher for District 4.
- Celsa Pacheco is the Family Leadership Coordinator. Celsa worked previously as a parent coordinator at an elementary school and a high school in the Bronx. She increased parental engagement at her schools by offering parents educational opportunities like ESL, Art, and Computer Skills courses.
- Elvis Marte is the Family Support Coordinator. Elvis was born, raised and educated in the Lower East Side and in District 1 schools. He is a trained social worker and is passionate about community economic development.